Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Dream a little dream of me

It's amazing how dreams can take your breath away in so many ways. The past three nights I have had continuous dreams about my husband, homecoming, and the undeniable passion that we share. These dreams feel so real; so right, so present as if he's right next to me. I can feel his skin, I can feel his kisses and see those beautiful brown eyes staring at me. That alone...takes my breath away. I get that feeling of happiness that he gives me when he's near me, just being in his presence makes me the happiest girl on the face of the Earth. And then, there's the other feeling of breathtaking. Not the one filled with butterflies and intense happiness. No, this breathtaking is the one where it feels like the wind has been knocked OUT of you. It's that moment when you wake up and reality hits you like a ton of bricks. He's not laying next to you, he's not holding you, you can't see those beautiful brown eyes and you still aren't even sure when that's going to happen. Yeah, that's the downside of these dreams. They feel all too real and then you wake up to your dreams being..well, just that..your dreams.


But it's these dreams and seeing my husbands gorgeous face for a split second, feeling that embrace that I long for every night, touching him, and holding him that keeps me going; knowing that no matter how I look at it, every time I wake up from those dreams, I am just a day closer to having that dream be my reality. And soon enough...well maybe not soon enough for my sanity...but soon enough I will have that reality and I will never let him go...ever. So until then, I'll pray that I see him in my dreams every night and I'll be right here waiting, just like I promised I would be.


"you want to know what happiness is? it's waking up in the middle of the night for no reason, shifting under the blankets and feeling the heat of the person next to you. you turn around and see them in their most peaceful, innocent, and vulnerable state. they breathe as though the weight of the world lies on anyone’s shoulder but their own. you smile, kiss their face in the gentlest manner so as not to wake them. you turn back around and involuntarily a grin forms on your own face. you feel an arm wrap around your waist, and you know it doesn't get any better than this."

Mrs. Truelove<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment