Wednesday, February 16, 2011

happiness..

That pretty much sums up my life right now, well, in a few weeks it will describe my life perfectly. But the past two days, although it has been a lot, I have loved more than anything getting our house ready and setting it up for Alex. Today, when I thought about it, knowing this would be the house he comes home to, this will be the house that we lay on the couch and watch television at night, this will be the house that we sit down at the table and eat dinner in together, it made me so undeniably happy. I never knew it was possible for one person to make you so happy, then he walked into my life and exceeded all expectations that I had. 


A girl I have met over this deployment messaged me today. She wanted to nominate me on some facebook group as the "most positive person". This is what she wrote in the nomination. "I would like to nominate Audrey Truelove. I've never met her in person but we have become friends through Facebook due to our husbands being in the same unit. I think she is most positive because i've never seen one negative post on her Facebook and she goes 3+ weeks at a time without hearing from her husband. I have been fortunate enough to hear from my husband at least twice a week and it use to be hard for me to go two days without a phone call then I met Audrey and she told me about how she didn't hear from her Hubby often and it opened my eyes and gave me strength To go days without hearing from him. As much as some of us wives complain i've never seen one complaint on her wall and she always post positive/inspiring quotes." Don't get me wrong, there are those days that I don't want to move because I miss my husband so badly it hurts. But there have also been those times where I get an overwhelming sense of calmness that runs throughout my body and I know it is my husband and his strength pushing me through the day, then I know everything is going to be okay. It is hard to be negative when you are more in love than you could ever imagine and when those phone calls are precious gifts that you would not trade for anything in the world. The memories that my husband and I have made since the day that we have met are what get me through the hard times; the times I don't want to get out of bed. It's knowing that with every waking moment, I am just that much closer to being in his arms again and to living out the life that we have both always dreamed of...together. I love my life, all of the obstacles have just made us that much stronger and make us appreciate the moments that we have together even more so than before, because they really are precious. 


As the saying goes "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." And that strength and courage is exactly what has got not only myself but my husband through this deployment.


I love you more than words could ever say, handsome. You are almost home, in the matter of weeks. I can't wait to hold you again and continue our future just the way it should be. I'll be seeing you. 


Mrs. Truelove<3

No comments:

Post a Comment