Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day..

Valentine's Day. Thousands of people celebrate, many hate it and some think it's entirely too played up. Me? I'm skipping it this year. No really, I've full on decided to skip it. Truth be told, I forgot about it this year. I "celebrated" Valentine's Day this year when I decorated hubby's box to send to him, that was me celebrating and sending all my love to him, that's good enough for me. This will be the second Valentine's day that we have missed in a row, I guess that's part of being in the military, huh? Today as I was making the 13 hour trip down to North Carolina, our new home, I realized how over done Valentine's day is. Maybe it's because my husband is half a world away, not with me on this special day, but then again..maybe it's not. Who am I kidding? That's exactly why I think it's over done, because my husband isn't with me. Here's the thing, I'm not saying this out of bitterness because my husband isn't here, like most people would think is the reason behind my opinion. No, that's not it at all. I'm saying it because why do you need ONE specific day to show how much you love your husband/wife/significant other. I would much rather have flowers on a random day just because than on the given  day. (Babe, if you're reading this, that doesn't mean Valentine's Day flowers are forbidden ;] )

Valentine's day is the day that you show each other how special you are, when you remember the reasons you fell in love and what makes you stay in love with that person. I am in awe of my husband, every day. Each day I find a new thing about him that makes me fall in love with him, over and over again. His smile, those big brown eyes, his huge heart of gold, his strength, how gorgeous and sexy he is, and the list could go on. The time we've spent apart has made me see how perfectly amazing those things are and has made me appreciate them to teh fullest, more than what most people will never understand.

There's one thing that's better than Valentine's day. And that is the first day your eyes lock and you feel that embrace, the warmth of your skin touching and the kiss that takes your breath away; you see, it's that first moment where you stand in front of the love of your life after seven months of being apart and the world stands still. You can't celebrate that every day and only real, true, genuine love gets to celebrate that...an amazing thing I like to call...homecoming<3

I can't wait for that moment, it will be here so shortly and I can't wait to feel complete again and to celebrate Valentine's day every day that we wake up. I love you handsome, hurry home to me. I'm so proud of you!

Mrs. Truelove<3

No comments:

Post a Comment