Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The "Real" World

As I sit here and daydream about the day I get to hold my husband again, The Real World is on television. So what classifies you as living in "The real world" these days? Is it going out to clubs? Or the excessive drinking? Or maybe it's the people engulfed in the types of clothes they wear or cars that they drive. Too many people are wrapped up in the Hollywood lifestyle of the world these days. All of those shows, all of those people that have more pairs of shoes than days in a year, the people who can't truly love someone because they are so wrapped up in their own selfish wants, that's not real, that's far from it. 

"Five-hundred channels and there ain't much on tonight
Except reality shows about some folk's so-called lives
A pretty girl cries 'cause she don't get a rose
But she'll find love next year on her own show

And they call that real

Real is a hand you hold fifty-seven years
Real is a band of gold tremblin' with fear
It's the first long tear down an old man's face, watchin' his angel slippin' away
His heart's so broke, it's never gonna heal"

That's what is real. Reality is what has slapped me in the face for the past seven months. The fear of never knowing if I would see my husband again. It's possessing the thought that at the age of 20, I could be a war widow, I could lose the one thing that made this whole world make sense. "Real" is the fear I had breathing down my neck with every phone call wondering what was going to be on the other end. Real was opening a letter from 7000 miles away and seeing sand from a whole new world fall out and onto the floor, only to uncover a letter with words that I lived for until the next phone call or letter, both which came few and far between. Real was knowing what life I faced when I slipped that silver band onto my husbands hand, but knowing that no matter where this crazy world took us, we were in it, together...forever. Real isn't being inseparable, it's about having 7000 miles between you and nothing changes. It's falling more and more in love with the love of your life, even when you can't see them and wake up to them every day. That's what real is. That's what I live for and that's what my husband and I share. 

It's real, it's alive, it reaches down to the depths of your souls and makes you yearn for more. It touches every fiber of your body, it hurts when they hurt, laughs when they laugh and everything in between. It is something that people search their whole lives for, yet many fall short. And at 20 years old, I am lucky enough to say that I have found my one true soul mate, the one that I will grow old with, the one that I will ride out this crazy, tragic, sometimes awful magic, beautiful life with.

Real is forever, for always & no matter what.

Mrs. Truelove<3

No comments:

Post a Comment