Tuesday, March 15, 2011

190 days and counting..

190 days. 27 weeks. 6 3/4 months. However you want to look at it, it's all too long that I have seen, held, kissed my husband. But this roller coaster ride is slowly coming to an end...because he's S-A-F-E. Who would have thought that a small four letter word could bring so much happiness and comfort to one person. For the past seven months it hasn't been that word, but the lack thereof, that has kept me wide awake at nights staring into the dark, staring and hoping that at any moment I would look over and see my husband laying beside me. It has been the lack of that word that has made me cringe at the very thought of the unknown and the possibility of never seeing my husband again. It has been the reason to all the tears, for the insanely over obsession of my phone and the extreme amount of happiness when I see that reoccurring odd number pop up on my phone or when I see that envelope sticking out of the mailbox that says "free mail" on it. But now, now that small four letter word means more than anything in the world to me. It means that my husband IS COMING HOME. It means that in just a matter of a few short days, I get to jump into the arms of the one person that makes everything alright and we get to continue our forever and chase all of our hopes and dreams together; hand in hand.


As if getting that news today wasn't great enough...we got a homecoming date today =) FINALLY. It's set (yeah, 'set' is having a little too much faith in the military) and I know when I will get my hero back. Soon, if I had three more fingers (considering that it's now 12:01 am), that'd be perfect =) I'm as happy as winnie pooh with a big ol' pot of honey in his hand..yeah, weird simile, I know. You get it though. The light at the end of this long, winding, tunnel seems to be coming to an end. Honestly, it seems surreal to me. After 190 days of not being in my husbands arms, not kissing him good night, not being able to hold his hand or see that beautiful crooked smile of his, I will be able to have ALL of that and more in just a few short days. I. Can't. Wait.


If we're going to be honest here, I never thought that this day would come. That dreaded September day hindered every possible thought of finishing this thing. But we did it, just like I knew we could and I knew we would. There's not a doubt about it, I have fallen more and more in love with that man with every passing day, even with the 7000 miles in between us. Our time apart has made me appreciate every waking second that we have together. He's the strongest man I know. He's the strongest, most courageous, most amazing man in the entire world and he's MINE....forever. What could make a girl happier? =)


"If you can promise me anything, promise me that whenever you're sad, or unsure, or you lose complete faith, that you'll try to see yourself through my eyes."
You did it. I love you. Forever.


Mrs. Truelove<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment