Thursday, July 28, 2011

Four months and a bun in the oven later...

Where to begin? The last time I wrote was 9 days before I jumped into my husbands arms after being separated for 7 long and dreadful months. Here we are, almost 5 months later and so much has already changed.




We are expecting our first bundle of joy on February 18th, 2011. We were more than excited to find out that we were going to have a baby. It felt like after two months of it not happening, that it just wasn't going to; but once I go back and think about it, we were so blessed to have gotten pregnant after two months when some wait for years. 


We are already working up for another deployment in January again. So that means...yes...my husband and father of our baby will not be here to see the birth. I don't think it has hit him yet, I don't think he has let himself think about it too much, but he's not excited about missing all the "firsts". First smile, first laugh, first roll over, first night at home. No matter how far away daddy is, he will always be with us. I will do my best to make sure that every moment is captured on tape for him so that even 7,000 miles away from home, he'll still feel as if he's right here with us. It will be one of the hardest things we have ever done, yeah we've done it before, but that was without a child of our own. This time will be a little more trying, but one thing is for sure..that will be one moment both of us will never forget: Daddy meeting baby for the first time. I better get the camera crew ready!


I have learned so much in the past year and a half of our marriage than I have in a lifetime. Love is patient. You only have that handful of people that you can truly count on, but when you need them...they will be there. You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only option that you have. And no matter what life throws you, no matter how hard times seem, no matter how dark it seems...Love Never Fails<3


Until next time...


Mrs. Truelove

No comments:

Post a Comment